The Grandpa’s Nativity Story Play
Many parents said it was our best nativity yet”
Jodi Ince, Blidworth Oaks Early Years Unit, Nottinghamshire
As with all of my nativity plays, the Grandpa’s Nativity Story is…
- Purpose written
- Easy to learn
As I began writing nativity scripts for my own use as a children’s leader, I deliberately make them…
- Easy to recast in the event of absence or illness, and
- Simple to use regardless of the number of children.
- INSTANTLY DOWNLOADABLE in an easy to use format.
The nativity script lasts around 25 minutes and is written entirely in rhyme, including the narration and all of the speaking parts, a proven way to make the script easier to remember.
Preschools, primary schools and churches across the world have written to say how simple and effective they have found it, many stating that it has been their “most successful nativity to date.”
The Grandpa’s Nativity Story…
This nativity play is set in an excited children’s bedroom on Christmas Eve, when Grandpa settles the children to sleep by reading the traditional nativity to them as a bedtime story. With the exception of the introductions that Grandpa reads for each scene, it is written entirely in rhyme, including the narration, and the 22 (some optional) speaking parts.
This nativity play…….
Tells the traditional, bible based nativity in a fun way
Includes a ‘pantomime style’ villain in Herod
Is blended with the excitement of a modern Christmas Eve
Can (optionally) include Santa/ St Nicholas
Uses short, rhyming speaking parts (averaging 2 to 4 lines) to make everyone feel special.
Whilst flexible and adaptable for ANY SIZE CAST (smallest reported to date is 9, and the largest 150), the script is written with 22 speaking parts and….
- Is all held together with a rhyming narration.
- The traditional story is read by Grandpa
This makes last minute changes much easier to accommodate.
- The basic traditional nativity costumes, plus children in pyjamas, and a Grandpa costume (or Grandma, if you choose to adapt it!)
- good readers for narrator and Grandpa role
- a total cast of between 9 and 150 (according to the customers who have already used it)
THAT’S RIGHT…NO PIANIST REQUIRED, although sheet music is provided if you are fortunate enough to have one
(can be reduced or increased without changing script length, as alternatives are offered for the narrator or other actors to say)
If used as written the script includes 22 speaking parts, plus non-speaking extras and singers:
Narrator, Grandpa Joe (good reader), 5 children (in pyjamas/dressing gowns), roman soldier, Mary, Joseph, 4 innkeepers, Angel Gabriel, King Herod, star, (plus Santa, Rudolf, dancing angels, animals, guests in inns, extra shepherds etc as preferred)
All of the songs use familiar children’s tunes with
- very SIMPLE SONG WORDS. (Less rehearsal required)
- song words to non-copyrighted, FAMILIAR TUNES
- NO LICENCE FEES TO PAY, (and I am happy to waive my own)
- SHEET MUSIC PROVIDED for IF you have a pianist
- PLUS FREE MIDI BACKING TRACKS (great to rehearse to without a pianist and/ or use for the performance)
If you’re ready to buy the Grandpa’s Nativity Story, click on the BUY IT NOW button below, or continue reading if you need more details.
What songs are included?
I have used my own easily remembered words to the following popular tunes…
Oranges and Lemons (ie, Travelling song called “Bethlehem, Bethlehem, So Far Away”)
O Christmas Tree (ie, Visitors to the stable song called “In Bethlehem a Babe was Born”)
The traditional hymn, Children of Jerusalem (ie, Angels’ song called “Angel’s Hallelujah”
We wish you a Merry Christmas (ie, Concluding song called “Happy Birthday to Jesus”
Finally, my own (optional) catchy “Ho Ho Ho” (Santa’s Song) is also included together with alternative variations referring to St Nicholas, and/or Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer. You may choose to use the play with no reference to Santa/St Nicholas/ the reindeer etc & it will be just as effective
So, how much does it cost, and what is included?
I pride myself in making my scripts the best value for money around, so my Grandpa’s Nativity Story, including sheet music and FREE music midi files, can be downloaded instantly to your computer for the special low price of just £9.95.
For this one time investment you will receive:
- An easy to follow script, with
- a built in note-making column
- a character listing and breakdown of lines per character
- a casting list (add your own children’s names)
- Notes to help you on how casting can be adapted
- Some helpful directing suggestions
- Words and sheet music to all of the songs
- Permission to re-use the script with NO LICENCE FEE TO PAY
- FREE downloadable MIDI FILES as MUSIC backing tracks
And wait, there’s more…….
I’VE SAVED THE BEST TILL LAST
The document is ALSO AVAILABLE TO YOU AS AN A4 WORD DOCUMENT,
which is yours to customize as you choose once you have bought it, so that you can……..
- Reduce or lengthen the script
- Miss out or change songs
- Add names
- Print off your finished version, exactly representing your own personal nativity plans, and distribute individual speaking parts for the children to learn.
- All without any untidy scribbles or mess on the pages, leaving it as clear and easy as possible to read and use!
“Having the downloadable copy was invaluable as we could adapt it to meet our own needs and personalise it”
Kirsty, Summerhill Junior School, Bristol
You can take advantage of this unprecedented option to upgrade and receive the actual, adaptable word document in addition to the PDF (you’d be mad not to) for just £2 extra. Just follow the simple instructions once you click the “BUY IT NOW” button.
Remember, it is a totally customizable Word Document IN ADDITION TO THE ORIGINAL PDF.
PLUS you’ll get these FREE ADDITIONAL BONUSES: -
- A “Grandpa’s Nativity Roll Call” performance poem: a fabulous and unique finale for your nativity play. Again, all in rhyme, this gives everyone involved the opportunity to take a bow as they say their own individual line. All variations are included to cover varying cast sizes and adaptations.
- The “Ultimate Christmas Gift” : A purpose written Christmas rhyming poem which can, if you choose, be read out to round up the message at the end of your nativity play, or even be extended for use in church as a sermon!
“We loved the poem, and Roll Call too”
Jill Isaacs, St Peter’s Church, Smithills
So, what are you waiting for? It doesn’t get much better than this:
Special Low Price of
£21.95 £9.95 for the PDF version
You will then get the option to UPGRADE to the fully customizable Word Document package for just an extra £2.
|Maybe you’d prefer the traditional bible based nativity story told with lots of humour and adding a contemporary twist, again all in rhyme, including the narration which holds it all together.|
Happy to use your own choice of songs/carols, or maybe to combine your nativity play with a church service and congregational hymns?
If so, our price for the following options is EVEN LOWER!….
The last script is very specific and written for a church service….
Still prefer The Grandpa’s Nativity Story?
Spoilt for choice?
At this price, where’s the harm in buying a couple and being prepared for next year too? You have my blessing to mix and match the songs (and even parts of the scripts if you like.) Adapt them as you choose, and the upgrade to the word document will make it even easier!
Ps. If you are still not sure, remember that you don’t have to take my word for it. Read the fantastic testimonials that I have received, from teachers and nativity organisers who have used the scripts.
PPs. Still not sure? Click here and let the script previews speak for themselves. In the meantime why not TRY OUT MY WORK FOR FREE? Download your FREE COPY of my “Nativity Roll Call” rhyming poem which makes a fantastic finish to any traditional nativity play! Just enter your email address in the box below, click the “Send my Free Roll Call NOW!” button and you will receive your FREE copy delivered straight to your inbox! Once you’ve got that, come back here to select your instantly downloadable nativity play – you’ll be glad you did!
PPPs. Why do I do it for this price?
I love the work that you are doing! Let’s face it, you are doing endless extra hours and voluntary work, so this is my way of supporting you and saying that it is all worthwhile and appreciated. Well done, and keep up the good work! Enjoy the script, have fun with your nativity play, and have a wonderful Christmas!