Want a Simple Nativity Play?
Angela’s assurance to you…..
“This REALLY IS The SIMPLEST NATIVITY PLAY EVER!
NO REHEARSAL necessary. Problem solved!”
Perfect for a pre-school, primary school or church nativity play ….
in fact, for ALL GROUPS of ANY AGE
(especially small casts and those without time to rehearse.)
This script takes simplicity to the next level! It is written so that it can be narrated with or without actors (but needs Mary and Joseph), and you have the choice of whether the actors say their own lines or the narrator does. Even the instructions to the actors are said in rhyme as part of the script, so NO REHEARSAL is required.
The script (not including music) lasts 15 to 20 minutes and is written entirely in rhyme, a proven way to make the script easier to remember. No music is included so that you can use your own familiar songs, or include carols instead.
As with all of my nativity plays, the Simplest Nativity Play Ever is…
- purpose written
- easy to learn
As I began writing nativity scripts for my own use as a children’s leader, I deliberately make them…
- easy to recast in the event of absence or illness, and
- simple to use regardless of the number of children.
- INSTANTLY DOWNLOADABLE in an easy to use format.
The fact that this script is brand new means that I have no testimonials to share (yet!), so click here for the script preview to see how simple and effective it is.
The Simplest Nativity Play Ever…
Tells the traditional, bible based nativity story, in a very simple way, using
Narration interspersed with obvious prompts for….
19 (optional) short, rhyming speaking parts (averaging 2 to 4 lines) to make everyone feel special.
Whilst flexible and adaptable for ANY SIZE CAST the script is written with 2 narrators (which can be shared and split into smaller parts as you choose), an instructor, and up to 19 (optional) speaking parts (any of which can be said by the narrator if preferred) and…
- Is all held together with a rhyming narration
The speaking parts all include obvious prompts such as “The innkeeper said….” and printable prompt cards (and ‘name tags’ if required) are included with the script. Every detail has been considered to minimise your workload.
Illness and absence (and even stage fright) is easily accommodated, as the narrator can simply continue with an actor’s lines as part of the story.
I have even written two choices of message at the end so that you can choose the most appropriate for your production. Option A is a biblical message, and Option B is a general ‘goodwill’ message.
- The basic traditional nativity costumes
- Mary and Joseph (have lines allocated if they choose to say them)
- 2 good readers to narrate
- An instructor (gives rhyming instructions to the cast) Alternatively, the narrators could do this.
- An optional extra cast of up to 17 who may choose to mime or have their own lines, plus dancing angels and child extras.
(Can include as many actors as you choose without altering the script length as the narrator says lines that actors omit)
If used as written it will include 19 speaking parts, 2 narrators, an instructor, plus extras to play children and dancing angels:
2 Narrators, an instructor (giving rhyming instructions to actors) 2 Roman soldiers, Mary, Joseph, 4 shepherds (can be more or less if required), Angel Gabriel, 3 innkeepers, 3 Bethlehem residents, 3 kings, King Herod (plus non-speaking children and dancing angels)
- No songs are included but popular hymns/ carols are suggested for everyone to sing together rather than the children performing as part of the play. Alternatively, use the children’s past favourite songs to keep things simple. If you really do want some simple songs, look at my other scripts too as all of my songs will work with different scripts.
If you’re ready to buy the Simplest NativityPlay Ever click on the BUY IT NOW button below, or continue reading if you need more details.
So, how much does it cost, and what is included?
I pride myself in making my scripts the best value for money around, so my SIMPLEST NATIVITY PLAY EVER can be downloaded instantly to your computer (as a word document) for the special low price of just £9.95.
For this one time investment you will receive:
- An easy to follow script, with
- A built in note-making column
- A character listing and breakdown of lines per character
- A casting list (add your own children’s names)
- Notes to help you on how casting can be adapted
- Some helpful directing suggestions
- Printable Soldier’s scroll and prompt cards for the cast
- Printable Name tags for an unrehearsed cast (to assist director!)
- Permission to re-use the script with NO LICENCE FEE TO PAY
And wait, there’s more…….
I’VE SAVED THE BEST TILL LAST
The document is provided as a WORD DOCUMENT,
which is yours to customize as you choose once you have bought it, so that you can……..
- Reduce or lengthen the script
- Add songs
- Add names
- Print off your finished version, exactly representing your own personal nativity plans, and distribute individual speaking parts for the children to learn.
- All without any untidy scribbles or mess on the pages, leaving it as clear and easy as possible to read and use!
“Having the downloadable copy was invaluable as we could adapt it to meet our own needs and personalise it”
Kirsty, Summerhill Junior School, Bristol
PLUS you’ll get these FREE ADDITIONAL BONUSES: -
- A “Simplest Nativity Play Ever Roll Call” performance poem: a fabulous and unique finale for your nativity play. Again, all in rhyme, this gives everyone involved the opportunity to stand (and maybe take a bow), again without rehearsal required, as they are mentioned individually. This idea has been so well received that it has become my trademark and I now write one for every script.
- “The Unending Christmas Story”: A purpose written rhyming Christmas shape poem which can, if you choose, be read out to round up the message, at the end of your nativity play.
So, what are you waiting for? It doesn’t get much better than this:
Grab your LICENCE FREE COPY of the Simplest Nativity Play Ever script at the …….
Special Low Price of
£21.95 £9.95 for a fully customizable word document
(including printable props, prompt cards and name tags)
The last script is very specific and written for a church service….
Still prefer The Simplest Nativity Play Ever?
Spoilt for choice?
At this price, where’s the harm in buying a couple and being prepared for next year too? You have my blessing to mix and match the songs (and even parts of the scripts if you like.) Adapt them as you choose.
Ps. if you are still not sure, remember that you don’t have to take my word for it. Read the fantastic testimonials that I have received, from teachers and nativity organisers who have used the scripts.
PPs Still not sure? Click here and let the script previews speak for themselves. In the meantime why not TRY OUT MY WORK FOR FREE? Download your FREE COPY of my “Nativity Roll Call” rhyming poem which makes a fantastic finish to any traditional nativity play! Just enter your email address in the box below, click the “Send my Free Roll Call NOW!” button and you will receive your FREE copy delivered straight to your inbox! Once you’ve got that, come back here to select your instantly downloadable nativity play – you’ll be glad you did!
PPPs. Why do I do it for this price?
I love the work that you are doing! Let’s face it, you are doing endless extra hours and voluntary work, so this is my way of supporting you and saying that it is all worthwhile and appreciated. Well done, and keep up the good work! Enjoy the script, have fun with your nativity play, and have a wonderful Christmas!